Monday, October 8, 2007

Introducing... zTrex!

Well, it took a little bit longer than two days, but I finally am content enough to reveal my character, whom I have named "zTrex" due to him resembling a Tyrannosaurus Rex (pronouced "zee-trex"). Considering that he is my first 3D character, I don't think I did too bad a job. =D Here is zTrex rendered like how Vypac renders his models. =P

Several people remarked that they like how I rendered my headless model, so here is zTrex, now with his head, rendered in the same manner.

And lastly, here's zTrex with a little texture, though this is probably not representative of how the character will look when completed.

I may end up adding a few more features (wings, spikes), but this is my character as he stands now. It's past 2 a.m. Time to finish some things and go to sleep. xP

13 comments:

EricWu said...

Freakin amazing man. You even got one with fur texture (Is it fur?). At this rate youll probably finish modeling your character's entire family.

Anonymous said...

nicely done.
I'm gonna work on mine too!

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Eric,
I'm assuming you're talking about the one in focus in the 3rd render? It's hard to tell because it's so small, but it's using the same texture as the yellow one. And I don't know about a family, but I might end up making other creatures that exist in the same universe as zTrex.=)

Anonymous said...

WoW impressive stuff.

Anonymous said...

BTW thats not how i render my models:P

John Lee said...

Good work, man. The only thing I see is that the clavicle bone in the back seems to be too defined, but it's not a big issue. Anywoo it's an impressive work.

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, John 형,
Does "clavicle bone in the back" = scapula? If so, then yeah, I might tone that down a bit since most people don't have their scapulas that defined... but then again, zTrex is not supposed to be "people". =P

Anonymous said...

Smarty pants :P

corinne said...

hey kijeon~! i made a post if your still willing to link me :D .

also when are you posting your finished character? *poke poke* X3

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Corinne,
Sure, I'll link you, but which one am I supposed to link to? Are you talking about your post on Titan Racers? If not, I can't find which one it is. -.-;;
And I'll probably get around to posting my (retextured... had to rush for class) character either at the end of this week or sometime next week because I'm a little busy at the moment. xP

EricWu said...

Now that Christmas madness is over, I assume that your retextured model is near completion and we should be seeing it any minute now. :)

KiJeon Nam said...

Ah, hey, Eric,
I was actually quite busy preparing for an event at church that happened last night. Today, I'm just catching up on a little rest, but you should see the retextured model any day now. =P Hope it'll be worth the wait. xP

corinne said...

hey kijeon,

if you don't mind you can link to my artofcorinne.blogspot.com blog :D . also when are we going to see a new post from you? * poke poke * X3 .